Pages

"Pistol Pakin Mamma"

"Pistol Pakin Mamma"
Contributor - Alan Griffith, B24 best web

Sunday, December 1, 2013

(Ask not) for whom the bell tolls

"Perchance he for whom this bell tolls may be so ill, as that he knows not it tolls for him; and perchance I may think myself so much better than I am, as that they who are about me, and see my state, may have caused it to toll for me, and I know not that."  
John Donne

 When one dies, we all die a little. This isn't as bleak as it might sound, as the counterpoint would be that there is some part of the living in the dead and that we continue a form of life after death. 

And so with this I continue to add to the story of the dead by the contributions of the living, so that the dead will be remembered.

This will all make sense in time as I build this "family tree" of correlations.  As I've already begun, I'm going to continue. By adding not only information provided by crew families pertinent  the Pistol Pakin Mamma, but also, additional stories and information provided by the family of other crews who were comrades of the Pistol Pakin Mamma [crew].  As a friend of mine told me after the death of my father: You will never be forgotten so long as there are people left to remember you. 

The game is afoot.   

No comments:

Post a Comment